ArtCan Kitchen and Studios
9850 Main St.
Canning, NS B0P 1H0
+1 (902) 582-7071
ArtCan News and Updates
Enter your email address below to subscribe.
Title of position: Manager
Full-time hours available.
Pay range depending on experience.
Overlooking a historic shipyard site in the village of Canning, our fine art gallery is home to the work of artist Ron Hayes. ArtCan Gallery also invites many local artists to exhibit throughout the year. Inspired by the local landscape, both fine art and thoughtful cuisine can be enjoyed in the café and gallery.
On the ground floor, both a fully-stocked art store and working studio can be found adjacent to the winding Habitant River. Celebrating twenty years, we pride ourselves in the experience of a friendly and inspiring atmosphere, often described as an “artist’s haven”. Classes, workshops and art-themed dining experiences make ArtCan a cornerstone of fine art in the Annapolis Valley.
Description of responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities for this position will include:
- Working with the owner in the management of various functions of the business including the gallery, art supply store, café and studio.
- Management of gallery exhibits from preparation and promotion to closing, as well as developing working relationships with artists and encouraging art sales.
- Marketing tasks include the design and implementation of marketing campaigns to attract our target audience, updating the ArtCan website and email marketing.
- Social media management and production of marketing materials such as exhibit posters and ads both digitally and in print will be required.
- Provide a welcoming experience to customers who visit ArtCan and contribute to the physical presentation of the business.
- Day-to-day tasks include store and business inventory management, responding to general inquiries, reservations and class/workshop registration.
Degree or diploma in business, marketing, art or equivalent experience.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Experience in social media marketing and familiarity with wordpress
Creative insight applied to the design of marketing materials
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interest in art considered a strong asset
How to apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com
Closing date: August. 11th, 2021
For information on ArtCan Gallery & Café, visit our website at https://artcan.com/.
Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted within one week of the closing date.
ArtCan Gallery & Café is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.